• Thursday: Grand Forks Audubon, 6:45 p.m., East Grand Forks Campbell Library, 422 Fourth St. NW, East Grand Forks. Grand Forks birding expert Dave Lambeth is guest speaker and will discuss “Exploring the Grasslands, Wetlands, Sloughs and Coulees of the Grand Forks County Outback.” Event is free and all are welcome to attend.
• Nov. 25: Program, “The Bog Changes,” 1 to 2:30 p.m., Lake Bemidji State Park. Visit the bog in the “offseason” to see how this part of the park changes with the approach of winter. Come prepared for the weather, as the trek could be on foot, skis or snowshoes. Info: (218) 308-2300.
• Dec. 1-3: St. Paul Ice Fishing and Winter Sports Show, St. Paul River Centre, 175 Kellogg Boulevard W., St. Paul. Show hours 1 to 8 p.m. Dec. 1, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dec. 2 and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 3.
• Dec. 9: Wreath-making 101, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. (two sessions), Lake Bemidji State Park. Learn how to make an evergreen wreath. Balsam, pine and cedar boughs, wreath forms, wire and red ribbon will be supplied. Materials fee is $8.50, and there’s a maximum of 20 people per session. A vehicle permit ($7 daily or $35 annual) also is required to enter the park. Register by Nov. 27 by calling (218) 308-2300.
• Dec. 18: 22nd annual Itasca State Park Winter Bird Count, 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Itasca State Park. Meet between 7:30 and 8 a.m. in the Jacob V. Brower Visitor Center Lobby for assignment of count areas. Dress for the weather. Info: (218) 699-7251.
• Dec. 30: Candlelight ski/snowshoe hike, 5 to 8 p.m., Zippel Bay State Park on Lake of the Woods north of Williams, Minn. No cost, but a Minnesota State Parks vehicle permit ($7 daily, $35 annually) is required to enter the park. Info: (218) 647-8592.
• Jan. 12-14: Minnesota Monster Buck Classic, Perham Community Center, 620 Third Ave. SE, Perham, Minn. Show hours 1 to 9 p.m. Jan. 12, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Jan. 13 and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Jan. 14. Info: mnmonsterbuckclassic.com.
Permit to Carry
• Nov. 18: North Dakota Class I and II Permit to Carry training, noon, Grand Forks Scheels, 2800 S. Columbia Road, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674; permittocarry.org.
• Nov. 19: 2 for 1 Utah Permit to Carry training, 10 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela’s, 210 DeMers Ave. NW, East Grand Forks. Info: Laura Ramirez, (218) 252-1631; permittocarry.org
• Dec. 16: North Dakota Class I and II Permit to Carry training, noon, Grand Forks Scheels, 2800 S. Columbia Road, Grand Forks. Info: Bill Collison, (701) 740-8674; permittocarry.org.
• Dec. 17: 2 for 1 Minnesota, Florida and Arizona Permit to Carry training, 10 a.m., East Grand Forks Cabela’s, 210 DeMers Ave. NW, East Grand Forks. Info: Laura Ramirez, (218) 252-1631; permittocarry.org
To get an event in the Outdoors calendar, contact Brad Dokken at (701) 780-1148, (800) 477-6572 ext. 148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursdays.