Several upcoming programs and special events have been scheduled at Lake Bemidji State Park, 3401 State Park Road. All events are free but vehicle permits are regularly $5 for a daily permit and $25 for an annual permit.
Friday, June 17
- 7 p.m. Pontoon Tour – Explore the Mississippi River. Seating is limited to 25 passengers, sign-up is required at the park office or by calling (218) 308-2300. Check in at the park office by 6:45 p.m. to avoid loss of seating.
Saturday, June 18
- 8 – 10 a.m. Bike Bemidji: Loop the Lake Festival with a rolling start at the Sanford Center. This 17-mile ride will feature food, music, and activities at rest stations along the way. Lake Bemidji State Park is a featured rest stop. Register at bikebemidji.com.
- 7:30 p.m. Discover the Park Bald Eagles will meet at the Visitor Center. Lake Bemidji State Park has had an active eagle nest for over 20 years. Stop by Bass Creek Group Camp, where a spotting scope is set to peek in on our resident bald eagle family.
Sunday, June 19
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Bog Watcher on the Bog Walk. The naturalist will be along the boardwalk to answer questions and help identify the plants currently in bloom.
- 2 p.m. Community concert: Doyle Turner and Doyle Turner Sr. for Father’s Day at the Amphitheater. The concert is sponsored by the North Country Snowmobile Club.